Hi friends –
I hope y’all are having a great week so far! So I don’t know about y’all, but sometimes I need a breath of fresh air and little reminders on how to change my mindset when I stumble upon challenges in the day-to-day life. With that being said, I gave it some thought and these steps below are ones that I found work great for me.
- Feel all the feels. It’s okay to feel. It’s okay to ugly cry, be angry, and/or frustrated. Let. it. all. out.
- Take a deep breath. After you’ve let out all your feels, pull it together and take a deep breath. Maybe even a few.
- Be grateful. Take that deep breath then think about what you have – your job, family, relationships, etc.
- If you have a dog or loved pet in your life, think of them for a minute or even look at a picture of them, you’ll smile. 🙂
- Hold your head high. Walk tall with your head high and let your confidence carry you. This is one can be tough even on those days where you are totes feelin’ 100, and so it is definitely one of the hardest things to do when you’re having a not-so-great day. But, if you follow the 3 steps above, this step should be a little easier. As silly as it sounds, picture the runway and imagine yourself on it. I bet you’ll get a little pep in your step!
- JAM. Once steps 1-4 are complete, there’s only one left. Like Jock Jams said, Pump, Pump the Jams, Pump ’em up. My go-to jams? Just depends. Sometimes Drake, sometimes Third Eye Blind, Coldplay, Fleetwood Mac, or even sometimes Celine.
I know that sometimes major tragedies happen in our lives and they probably need to be dealt with in a totally different manner, but these steps I’ve found work for me are more for when you are frustrated whether at work, with your family, friends, relationships, etc. So, next time you’re feeling these types of feels, give these ‘remedies’ a try and hopefully they will help!
How do you change your mindset? Do you practice any of the steps above? Share with us in the comments below!